Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Outfit Highlights from this Week...

Flutter Sleeves, Bow details, and Statement necklaces.  I'm feeling pretty girly this week.

When I look for special event dresses, I try to think of at least three scenarios where the dress would be appropriate.  With school supplies and sports camps to pay for, I just can't justify purchasing a dress that is only appropriate for one event.   I knew when I bought this dress that it would be a favorite and could transfer flawlessly from a wedding to a picnic.  The material, the color (yup, yellow again!), and the cute ruffles on the sleeves and hem just all add up to the perfect dress.  I wore this to my nieces' wedding (with the Old Navy jewelry shown) and was able to dance the night away without worrying about readjusting or watching what I was eating.  I can wear statement jewelry to dress it up for a wedding or throw on a jean jacket to make it work (or picnic) appropriate.  And the real bonus?  I paid $32 for it at T.J. Maxx!
Similar Dress: Yellow Dress   Lauren Espadrilles: Shoes  
Similar Navy Statement Necklace:  Statement Necklace     

Once Memorial day hits, I put the white jeans on repeat in my wardrobe!  Summer has so many patriotic holidays and white jeans with any navy top is pretty perfect for any day of the week.  
Similar Top:  Navy Top     Lauren Espadrilles: Shoes     Similar White Jeans: White Jeans

Stripes + brightly colored shorts + statement necklace = easy summer outfit.  I wear this combo a lot, although (to be honest) I save the Espadrilles for lunches with friends.  If the temperature is above 50 degrees farenheight, you'll find me in my black Teva Olowaho sandals (Teva Olowaho Sandals).   This outfit is comfortable enough to run around the park with my kids and stylish enough to throw on for a day outlet shopping with friends.
Similar Striped Top: Top   Similar Shorts: Shorts  Lauren Espadrilles: Shoes  

No comments:

Post a Comment