Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Outfit Highlights of the Week

Classic colors, Classic silhouettes, and Classic statement jewelry.  Can you guess this week's theme?

Black and white together are one of my favorite classic combinations.  It's crisp and clean.  You can elevate this look with fun jewelry and shoes, or keep it simple.  I wore this on "jeans day" at work and chose to keep it simple with black ballet flats and a chunky, single-strand black bead necklace.  When I look for shirts, I focus on details that add interest (ruffles, ruching, a-symmetrical hems...).  This LOFT shirt is made out of a stretchy (comfortable) material, but has enough detailing around the neckline to dress it up.
Similar shirt: LOFT Black Shirt  Similar White Jeans: White Jeans  
Similar Necklace: Black Necklace  

Pearls in any length or size are always a classic.  I had a roommate during my college internship who believed (and stated many times) that women should not wear pearls until they had earned them with a big career break.  While I don't hold to that belief (I'm not sure I would ever earn my pearls! Ha!)  there is a commonly held belief that pearls convey a level of sophistication.  I'm still waiting for my "big break", but I choose not to wait to wear my pearls.  This Calvin Klein dress is so stretchy and comfortable...and reminds me of something Jackie Kennedy would wear.
Same Dress: Calvin Klein Dress    Similar Necklace:  Pearl Necklace  

Navy and white combinations are also always a classic.  This shirt is a workhorse in my Summer wardrobe.  I wear it with shorts, with skirts, and with pants.  It is made out of a t-shirt material (so it's comfortable), but has the details I look for that add style.  The skirt is a favorite because it seems to float with the wind.  Altogether, this outfit is both structured and fun.
Same Shirt: CAbi Top      Similar Shirt: Navy Top      Similar Skirt: White Skirt

No comments:

Post a Comment