Monday, June 18, 2018

Outfit Highlights from this Week...

I have a slight color obsession with Navy Blue...and why not?!  
It's classic, crisp, and can be a great neutral color to make other colors pop!

The color Navy makes a subtle appearance in this outfit via my jeans, shoes, and jewelry.   I love this top!  My husband lovingly calls it my "Coffee Filter Top."  It's simple ivory color sets off the detailed ruffles around the neck.  Even better is this Blouse goes easily from office to an evening out by adjusting the elastic-stretch neck to be an off-the-shoulder top!  

This dress!!!  The story behind this dress makes me laugh a little!  I was wedding guest dress shopping at Marshall's for the three family weddings we had this summer.  I saw this Tommy Hilfiger sheath and was in love.  It checks all of my "must have" boxes:  it has simple classic lines, cute polka dots, fits like a glove, and...it's NAVY!  But this dress made me work!  I tried it on in the dressing room and everything went smoothly.  However when I brought it home and gleefully tried it on for my husband, the zipper separated.  I was perturbed, but just brought it back the next day and exchanged it.  No need to try it on, right?  I got it home and the zipper separated AGAIN!  Now I understand the consequences of wearing a dress that is too small for you, but this dress was actually a little big on me!  I marched it right back to Marshall's and explained that both dresses had a faulty zipper.  I was not surprised to find out that two other customers had had the same malfunctioning zipper debacle happen to them!  I asked the manager to give me a sizable discount  (since they wouldn't be able to sell either of the dresses I had returned).  I brought the dress to a tailor and had a much more secure zipper installed.  It was a lot of work, but I still ended up only paying $70 for the dress (not a bad price for a perfectly tailored, classic dress) and I now have a dress I LOVE that can transition easily from wedding guest to weekly office meeting.
The Cabi brand never disappoints!  And the fact that this top is also Navy is a match made in heaven!  Kahki and Navy are a clean color combination.  Ruffles and ruching are two details I look for in tops to add interest to an outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment