Thursday, September 6, 2018

Outfit highlights of the Week


Outfits that feel like Pajamas but look polished enough for running around town?  Yes, PLEASE!  The Athleisure trend is in full force now and while I'm not a fan of short running shorts or exposed sports bras, I DO love a good capri legging paired with a cute shirt or sporty dress.  This striped shirt is a workhorse in my closet.  It's long enough to cover my backside and has the cute Henley button detail to give it more interest than a regular shirt.  It's from Old Navy's 2017 Summer line up and I wish I would have bought 10 of them!  I'm perpetually on the hunt for its twin.  
My hat, jean jacket and leggings are from TJ Maxx and were only $7, $22, and $10 respectively!  My shoes are the Payless Shoe's Champion version of the Nike Free shoes (similar look and feel for $85 less!).  
Similar Striped Top: Top    Similar High Waited Leggings: Black Leggings   Jean Jacket: Jean Jacket 
Champion Shoes: Black Shoes  

My mom and I often plan a day every month or so to go out and hunt through consignment shops together.  The shops we visit are upscale and only accept clothing in new or very like new condition.  We love the boutiquey feel and the thrill of finding an incredible deal!  I found this Lole dress at a consignment shop last Fall with it's original tags STILL ON!  It pairs great with leggings for running errands, and I can even wear it without leggings on a more casual day at work.
Similar Lole Dress: Lole Dress   Similar High Waited Leggings: Black Leggings     
Champion Shoes: Black Shoes  
 Layers are perfect this time of year when the days start off chilly but climb into the high 70's by noon.  This jacket was from Maurices and has the feeling of a sweatshirt with the look of a motojacket.  I tend to not wear a lot of jewelry when I wear leggings, so this J.Crew shirt with French words accented in beads gives the outfit just the right amount of sparkle and interest.
Maurices MotoJacket: Black Moto Jacket         Similar High Waited Leggings: Black Leggings     Champion Shoes: Black Shoes  

No comments:

Post a Comment